This project — for a utility in Maine — was required to meet the greater load in the area. The rebuild involved the termination of an existing 34-kV transmission line into a new open-air, threebay bus terminal designed for 69 kV. The new structure supplies capacitor bank, distribution circuits and a 7-MVA transformer feeding into the 12-kV system.
Our scope included detailed design and commissioning for the following works:
- Substation civil and structural design including expansion of the gravel based yard, sub-grade ground grid, new conduit and duct system, 69-kV steel bus bay structure with concrete foundation, control house, etc.
- Electrical, control and protection design
- Transmission design to accommodate station rebuild to 69-kV
- Protection coordination and relay settings
- Construction specifications
- Commissioning services
- As-built drawings