The mining and metal industries have recently gone through dramatic change due to the worldwide economic downturn. There are competitive and industry challenges, but the goal remains to be a safe, low-cost producer.
Hatch Management Consulting works with clients in the mining sector to provide more than subject-matter expertise. Because we can draw on the technical expertise of Hatch engineering while maintaining our management consulting focus, we can ensure measurable and sustainable performance improvements.
We regularly customise our engagement methodologies to meet client challenges. Thereby developing a specific tailored-improvement process in aspects such as:
- Strategic planning, goal setting and mine restructuring
- Evaluation of management, labour and administrative operations
- Performance/productivity improvement and increased output through a reduction in lost time
- Improved planning, scheduling, controls, reporting and improving accountability to support corporate strategies
- Effective yet simple corrective action systems
- Root-cause analysis
- Management control through optimized staffing, spans of control and management operating systems
- Benchmarking of mining and minerals operations