Hatch runs work experience programs annually for undergraduate students typically over the summer vacation period. You will experience opportunities on a variety of projects working in the office and on site with graduate engineers and senior engineers in our mining and metals, energy and infrastructure sectors.
Upon commencement you will participate in an induction program which will ensure you settle quickly into the organization. As part of the program, you will be exposed to our Professional Development Program and buddies will be assigned to support you during your time with Hatch.
Check our calendar of events to see when and where we’ll be near you!
Vacation work duties
- Engineering design and project work
- Database design/management
- Research projects
- General administrative duties
The benefits of vacation work
- Gain first hand practical experience and be able to put into practice what you’ve studied
- Obtain work in an area that you’re interested in and which also relates to your future career direction
- Work alongside qualified and experienced staff
- Be considered for a graduate position at the completion of your studies
- Earn some extra money while studying
Hours & Location
- Committing to vacation employment doesn’t necessarily mean making a commitment for the full 12 weeks of summer vacation
- Employment can be offered for all or part of the normal vacation period and can be a part time or more casual arrangement
Who we are looking for
A career at Hatch is for those who seek to make a difference, achieve professional excellence and help engineer the future.
Successful candidates are likely to have the following characteristics
- Currently studying a Bachelor of Engineering and/or Bachelor or Science degree
- High standards and history of achievement both academically and personally
- Shared beliefs of our values including innovation, respect, communication and integrity
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills
- The passion and drive to make a real difference
- Currently studying a relevant degree or a degree accredited to an Engineering discipline. i.e. Civil, Mechanical, Structural, Chemical, Electrical, Mining etc..
- Hold citizenship, permanent residency or a work visa which allows you to work at Hatch in the region you've applied, on a full time basis